Rambles from my makeup box.

Tuesday 9 September 2014

My Lush skincare routine - Grease Lightning.

 Hi everyone, today I am going to do the final installment for my Lush skincare routine! The final step in my current skincare routine is using their Grease Lightning spot treatment which I was really excited to try as I had heard a few good reviews on this.




Step three, spot treatment - Grease Lightning:


Like all of the skincare products I have purchased from Lush this spot treatment contains a lot of natural ingredients including witch hazel and tea tree oil which contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to help clear any blemishes, and reduces their size and redness.  

This spot treatment comes in a small pump dispenser and comes out as a clear gel. This gel has a herby smell to it (not a bad smell though) which is quite subtle and doesn't linger on the skin, so if you don't like the smell if you get it you don't need to worry about it too much.

I use this before bed and in the morning. When using it before bed I tend to apply it to my whole face as it acts like a toner and helps to calm the redness down on my skin and also to help stop any new blemishes appearing. I find that one pump of this product is enough to cover a thin layer across the whole face, so a little goes a long way.

In the morning after showering I then apply some of the gel to specific problem areas on my face which I want to calm down. Sometimes I find one pump might be too much product in the morning so I just unscrew the cap and dip my finger in.

If your skin is really playing up you can apply this gel as often ass you like, but I wouldn't recommend that you apply it over makeup as it can peel off (it looks a bit like when you was a child and had sticky glue over your hands).

One thing I really like about this spot treatment is that it hasn't dried out my skin at all like most other spot treatments can and this is due to it containing soothing Aloe Vera gel. Also since using it I have noticed that I have fewer blemishes and that any blemishes I do have it really helps to take away the redness of them.


This spot treatment costs £6.25 and you get 45g worth of product, but like I said a little goes a long way with this so I think it will last a while. This seems like quite a popular product as when I went in Lush I just managed to get the last one and the staff said it usually sells out, so keep an eye out for it when you next pop into Lush, otherwise you can buy it online here:


Overview: 

So there we go that is my Lush skincare routine! I would definitely recommend Lush for skincare products as they have such a good range for different skin types. Also the price for these skincare items I think are very good, since I have previously purchased products that have cost around £30 and they have not worked! 

Also don't forget if you do try a new skincare routine out you may get a few initial blemishes at first whilst your skin gets use to the new treatment and also as the new treatment can help to bring any toxins out of your face, so you may have to be patient for a while, but hopefully it will all pay off!


Will you be trying the Lush skincare range?

6 comments:

  1. After all the posts you've done, I really want to try some LUSH skincare products :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as you can see I definitely recommend them :P
      I can't believe it's taken me this long to try them!

      Delete
  2. I really love Grease Lightning! I love how gentle it is, and that it doesn't burn the skin xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, it's very hard to find a gentle spot treatment that doesn't dry out the skin so I shall definitely be repurchasing :) x

      Delete
  3. I need to go back to Lush. Immediately =D

    I really like your blog so I've nominated you for the liebster award.
    Check out my last post for more details !

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I basically live in Lush now, I love all of their products!
      Thank you :D

      Delete