Rambles from my makeup box.

Friday 1 August 2014

Keeping safe in the sun.

I know I've said this a lot but it really is important to protect your skin from the sun otherwise it can cause your skin to age faster or it can help cause skin cancer. So with the summer holidays here I thought now would be a good time to review some of the sun lotions I own and use.




Piz Buin - 1 day long.


This is probably my favourite sun lotion and use this the most often. This Piz Buin sun lotion offers both UVA and UVB protection for around 6 hours, which is great for me as I don't really want to keep having to reapply all day over my makeup. 

When applying it has a slightly sweet sun lotion type smell (sorry I'm not too great at describing scents) and is quick absorbing. It provides moisture to the skin leaving it feeling really soft so I don't usually bother applying moisturiser before hand.

Added benefits of this sun lotion include that it is sweat and water resistant, so it's perfect those really hot days where you just want to be in the pool (Though I would always recommend re-applying after being in water). Also it contains an antioxidant Feverfew PFE, which helps to prevent premature skin aging.

This sun lotion costs £13 and can be found in most chemists or supermarkets.


Wilko Suncare moisturising sun lotion.


Now this is probably my least favourite sun lotion, but it still does the job of keeping my skin protected and I keep this as a backup just in case I run out of my other sun lotions. Again this protects against both UVA and UVB rays.

This sun lotion has quite a thick texture and I find that it takes longer for it to absorb into my skin, it also leaves it feeling slightly sticky. It does moisturise my skin but I always prefer to use a moisturiser before hand.

This sun lotion is water resistant however I think that only accounts for splashes and sweat. 

This sun lotion costs £4 from Wilkinsons so it is nice and cheap, and I think they have changed the bottle slightly since I got it last year.


Garnier Ambre Solaire Golden protect.


This sun lotion once again protects against both UVA and UVB rays from the sun and also contains Mexoryl SX which helps to protect against skin damage and prevent premature aging. 

This sun lotion is different to my others as when applying it has a peach colour to it kind of like a tinted moisturiser, though the colour doesn't show up on my skin when I rub it in. Also it offers 'shimmering protection' which means it contains pear shimmer which a glitter type substance, so when I apply this I look like I could of just stepped out of a Twilight movie, especially my hands! Though once fully rubbed in and I've washed my hands it does calm down a bit and gives your skin a nice glow in the sun.

This sun lotion is quick absorbing and didn't leave my skin greasy, it also moiturises my skin really nicely. It has a nice sweet holiday smell to it and is water resistant, though again always reapply after being in water!

This sun lotion costs £6.75 and can be bought from most chemists and supermarkets. 


Nivea Sun Invisible protection spray.


Nivea invisible protection like all my previous sun lotions protects against both UVA and UVB protection, though unlike all the others it comes in a spray bottle. I love this feature as it makes it really easy to apply, especially when you are trying to apply it onto your back.

This sun lotion is very quick to absorb into the skin and doesn't leave it feeling greasy, It also has quite a strong sun lotion smell to it. I don't find this product to be very moisturising so I always apply moisturiser before hand. It is also water resistant.

This sun lotion costs around £8 and you can buy it from most chemists and super markets.


Boots Hot weather cooling spray.


I thought I would also add this cooling spray into this blog as I couldn't go without it on really hot days. It instantly helps to cool the face and body and is safe for both adults and children. It's great to use on hot night before you try and sleep as well.

This costs £4.39 and you can buy it here:


I hope everyone has a great time this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment