Rambles from my makeup box.

Friday 22 August 2014

August Birchbox review.

 It's Birchbox time again and this month they had a summer holiday theme! I love the little details that Birchbox include in their box and this month it included a packing list, a to do list, a cute little cosmetic bag and a sample chapter of a summer read, perfect for when you want a book to read whilst sunbathing. 

This month I also received:
  • Vasanti - BrightenUp! 
  • Dead Sea Spa Magik - Refreshing bath shower gel.
  • Number 4 - Super comb Prep & Protect.
  • Supergoop! - CC cream.
  • Wild About Beauty - Powder eyeshadow in aine.







The Vasanti Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator is an exfoliating cleanser containing papaya, micro-crystals and Aloe. I have been using this cleanser every other day and I really like it. When using you can really feel the micro-crystals scrubbing your skin and working away which I really like and I have also noticed that my skin tone has been evened and my redness has been reduced. 

However the price for a full sized bottle is £26 which is a little out of my price range, especially since you can find cheaper exfoliating cleansers that do the job nicely. Saying that though I feel like a full sized bottle would last ages as you only need a pea sized amount when using it, so it depends how quickly you go through the cheaper ones.


The Dead Sea Spa Magik is a multi-use product, I have both used it as a shower gel and as a bubble bath. The gel has a bright blue colour and a really lovely smell to it. I much preferred using this as a bubble bath as I felt it helped moisturise my skin better than when I used it as a shower gel and also I found the scent to be really relaxing in the bath. 

A full sized product would only set you back £7.15 so I wouldn't mind repurchasing it. 


The N4 super comb Prep and protect leave in conditioning spray is the only product I really had problems with. When I first went to try it out the spray didn't work so it took me a while fiddling with it to get it working and once I got it working I really didn't like the smell.

However this spray does help to detangle hair and helps to protect against heat and UV damage so it is a good little product. Also it did make my hair soft after using, though I just can't get use to the smell. A full bottle would cost £20.



The Supergoop! CC cream is a shade adjusting cream that contains SPF 35 to help prevent sun damage. When I first saw this product I thought the shade was going to be much to dark for me and make me orange, but it when I applied it it did lighten down and adjust, however the shade was still slightly too dark for my liking.

It did give my skin a nice fresh look to it and helped to even out my skin tone, it was also good at covering blemishes and was easily buildable. A full sized product would cost £32, and I don't think I would ever purchase it as there are a lot more foundations out there that are cheaper and do the same job.



The Wild About Beauty eyeshadow is probably my favourite product that I recieved this month, I just love everything about it! It came in a really cute and stylish package and the eyeshadow itself has an indent of a Bee in it which I just love!  

The eyshadow is paraben free and is by Louise RedKnapp and Kim Jacob. I find that it lasts me a good 6-7 hours before it needs a little touch up, but even then I still have product left on my eyelid. The full sized eyeshadow costs £13 and I'm definitely going to purchase some other colours from the range!


The sample chapter I received was from The Proposal by Tasmina Perry which is a romantic novel. Personally I don't really go for this type of book but when giving it a read it did seem interesting and if I didn't have loads of other books to read at this current moment I probably would have purchased the full book which costs £7.99.


You can purchase all the items listed here: https://birchbox.co.uk/shop?cat=48

And you can sign up to Birchbox here: http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=35232


What do you think of this months Birchbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment