Rambles from my makeup box.

Thursday 10 July 2014

Lush - D'fluff Strawberry shaving soap.

Strawberries are possibly one of the nicest berries in the world and Lush have incorporated them into their new shaving soap, which looks and smells gorgeous! 


This was my first time using a shaving soap as usually I use a foam or cream, but I am completely sold on this product. I love the texture of it and it is easy to apply a smooth even layer over my legs. Also I find it is easier to get the correct amount instead of using too much, which I tend to do when having to squeeze cream out of the bottle.

To use this shaving soap you simply scoop out the amount you need and smooth it over your legs, you then shave as you normally would ensuring you wash the blade often so the don't get too clogged up. This soap can be used anywhere on the body as well.

This product contains fresh strawberries and cocoa butter and after using my legs felt super soft, and I didn't have any shaving rash or red bumps on my skin after using which I always get, so I will definitely be using this over the summer so I can get my legs out without feeling self conscious.

One thing I would say is that even though it contains strawberries and has a lovely pink colour it does smell more like rose. It does have a lovely sweet smell and you do get a hint of strawberry but if you was to smell this product without knowing what it was I think you would be more likely to say it was rose.

The packaging of this shaving soap is one of Lush's classic black pots made from 100% recycled plastic which is very ethical! I love the pot as usually I buy the shaving foams which come in a metal tin, and I am rubish at remembering to take it out of the shower so I end up with rust rings everywhere, but I don't have to worry about that with this.

I got the 70g version at Lush so I could try it out which cost £5.75 but once it's finished I'm definitely going to buy the 150g version for £9.95, as you don't have to use to much of it each time you shave so it will last a while. 



What is your favourite Lush product?



1 comment: