Rambles from my makeup box.

Tuesday 17 February 2015

February Birchbox review.

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day this weekend! Today I am going to review this months Birchbox which of course had love theme which I really loved! It seems to me Birchbox just keeps getting better and better each month, and this months selection of products were great! 

This month I received:
  • Liz Earl - Botanical Shine Shampoo
  • Caudalie - Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
  • theBalm cosmetics - Stainiac in Beauty queen
  • London Butterflies - Body Butter Souffle
  • Wild About Beauty - Golden skin glow
  • The Chia Co - Oats and Chia.
Now before we get started I must apologise for the picture quality in this post, time and natural lighting was against me! 






Liz Earl - Botanical shine shampoo:

Now I had no idea that Liz Earl done hair care so was interested in trying this, especially since I was disappointed in their famous hot cloth cleanser. First off I absolutely love the smell, it has this beautiful orange scent which always makes me thirsty when using it!

I find that after using this it leaves my hair soft, shiny and clean without over stripping it of its natural oils. A full sized product would cost £10.


Caudalie - VinoPerfect Radiance serum:

I was really excited to see this in my box as I have always been desperate to try a product from this brand as I always here good reviews! It has a really lovely fresh grape smell when you apply it and also it has an oil free formula which is perfect for my skin.

To use you simply apply a thin layer to your face after cleansing and before moisturing. After using it morning and evening for a few days I can definitely say that my skin looked more radiant and healthy, however it unfortunately didn't agree with my skin and bought me out in a few spots.

A full sized product costs £45 so it's a bit on the pricey side, and unfortunately I don't think I'd buy a full size.



theBalm Cosmetics - Stainiac in Beauty Queen:

theBalm cosmetics in my opinion is an up and coming brand which seems to be getting more and more popular so I was looking forward to trying this lip and cheek stain. This product is perfect for me as I love a red lip and I like to apply a stain before going over with lipstick.

I was never really a fan over Benefits Benetint mainly as I don't like the smell of roses and also because I found that the liquid could be tricky to apply neatly and it took a while to dry. This stain however is gel based which I think is a lot easier to apply and dries a lot quicker.

I mainly use this on my lips and it adds this lovely colour which you can build up to the intensity you want and it lasts for hours! Also when I applied it on the skin it had brilliantly lasting powers and if my cheeks weren't naturally red I would definitely use it as a blush. 

A full sized product would cost £10 and I am definitely going to repurchase! 




London Butterflies - Body Butter Souffle:

I had never heard of this brand but I really loved the glass packaging it came in as it looks very luxurious in my opinion. This moisturiser is full of antioxidants and vitamin E so it is very softening on the skin.

I use this after the shower and you only need a really small amount to massage into the skin. It absorbs really quickly into the skin and has this lovely tropical type scent which I usually don't like, but in this I love it!

A full sized product would cost £37 so it is definitely more of a luxury product and I don't think I would repurchase it for that price.



Wild about Beauty - Golden skin glow (full sized!):

I love the brand Wild about Beauty and I'm slowly growing my collection with them so when I saw a full sized product from them I couldn't have been happier. This product was meant to add a sun kissed glow and extra radiance to your skin, which I would definitely say it does.

When I first opened it though and saw the colour I though it was going to be way to dark for my skin tone though once blended into the skin it only adds a really subtle bronze and gives me a golden glow. 

I did find that it stuck to any dry patches on my skin so I would recommend using it with a moisturiser afterwards. This product costs £21 and I'm saving it for summer as I think it would be great for when I don't wan't to apply any foundation!


The Chia Co - Oats and chia Mixed berry:

For this months lifestyle product was this healthy porridge packet that contains chia seeds, fruit and coconut oil so it makes the perfect breakfast! I am always trying to include Chia seeds into my diet since I don't get much omega 3 and this contains loads, so I was excited to try it!

This porridge is supper easy to make as all you have to do is add boiling water and your'e good to go, this also means it is dairy free which is another huge benefit for me! Now the only problem I had with this was that I'm not the biggest porridge fan, but if I was going to eat it then I'd definitely get these little packets!

A pack of 5 would cost £4.95


Overall I have really enjoyed trying everything in this months Birchbox and I am super excited to receive the March box as I got to choose what Benefit Mascara I wanted to try! 

You can subscribe to Birchbox here:

And you can buy all of the products featured in this post here:

What do you think on this months box?

No comments:

Post a Comment