Rambles from my makeup box.

Sunday 19 October 2014

October Birchbox review.

Hi everyone, hope you all are well! Today I am going to do a review on the October Birchbox I received. This month they have teamed up with Coppafeel as it breast cancer awareness month to help inform you of the early warning signs which I think is a great idea, as breast cancer is one of the most diagnosed cancers and the sooner you spot the symptoms the easier it is to treat, so get feeling your breasts!

This month I received:
  • Balance Me - Cleanse and smooth face balm
  • Pixi by Petra - Shea butter lip balm
  • KMS California - Hair Play playable texture
  • Shaveworks - The cool fix
  • Lollipops - red nail lacquer 
  • A lipstick pen
  • A 14 day planner to help increase productivity. 







Balance me - Cleanse and smooth face balm:

Now when I first saw this product I was a bit doubtful about it as it is recommended for people with normal to dry skin, and my skin is really oily, but Birchbox stated that it could also help to balance oily skin so I gave it a go and I fell in love!

 I use this as a morning cleanser as it has a nice fresh citrus smell to help me wake up, and to use you simply apply onto a dry face and then remove it with a warm flannel, simple. After using this it makes my skin feel really soft and looks healthier and more radiant, and it hasn't cause me to break out or caused my skin to become oily.

A full sized product of this will set you back about £20 so it is a bit pricey, but I'm definitely going to consider purchasing this as I love the way my skin looks in the morning after using it.



Pixi Shea butter lip balm:

This lip balm is lovely, it comes in really cute packaging and it smells gorgeous! I got this in a nice pink shade which is very sheer, but you can build it up to create a stronger colour. After using I find it to be very moistrurising, but if you are using this for the colour I would say you would need to reapply about every 2 hours.

This lipbalm costs £8 and I would definitely purchase it again.


KMS California hair play playable texture:

This hair spray can be used before drying you hair or after to create texture, add volume and set your finished look. I like to use this after I have dried my hair to help add and set a few waves, and I also spay some under my roots to help add volume.

A full sized product will cost £15.50, and I don't think I would repurchase it as I prefer using a sea salt spray, which you can get for cheaper.


Shaveworks The Cool Fix:

I was really intrigued by this product when I first saw it as it claims to treat razor bumps, ingrown hairs and remove redness after hair removal. Recently my legs have had really bad razor bumps and redness which I haven't been able to get rid of, so straight after I had shaved my legs I didn't hesitate to apply this, but I wish I had as it stung like hell!

Now after getting over the pain and vowing never to use it again I did some research and apparently this can happen to some people and was recommended to try it again after a few hours, so I did and thankfully this time it didn't sting at all. And I am so glad I did give it another chance because just after one use the redness and bumps on my legs had gone down considerably.

To use you should apply this both in the morning and evening until the irritation fades and I only had to use this for about 2 days until mine had almost completely gone. A full sized product costs £11 and this is something I am definitely going to repurchase it!



Lollipops nail lacquer:

I do love a red nail varnish so was excited when I received this as to me this colour is the perfect Christmas red so I can see myself using this a lot during December. When applying it is quite transparent so it needs at least two coats and I preferably like it with three to really help the colour stand out.

Unfortunately though this nail varnish only lasted me two days before chipping, so it is one that needs a bit of maintenance to help it last. This nail varnish costs £7.


Coppafeel:

Now like I said this month Birchbox teamed up with Coppafeel to help inform you on the signs of breast cancer which includes:
  • A swelling around your armpit/collarbone 
  • Constant pain in your breast/armpit 
  • Change in shape, size or texture
  • Nipple discharge
So it is very important to check for these signs about once a month, as breast cancer is one of the most diagnosed cancers and early diagnosis helps provide better treatment so make sure you check your breasts and see a doctor if anything is worrying you! 


I think this months Birchbox is one of the best I have ever received as I have loved all the products and I think it is really beneficial to help teach everyone the signs of cancer. I can't wait to receive my next box! 

Sign up to Birchbox here:

And you can buy all of the product mentioned in this post here:


What do you think of this months Birchbox?



No comments:

Post a Comment