Rambles from my makeup box.

Thursday 9 October 2014

Leighton Denny - Supermodel.

 Hey everyone! Today I am going to do a review on one of my all time favourtie nude nail varnishes from Leighton Denny in the shade of Supermodel. Now usually I'm not one to go for a nude nail but my aunt gave me this as a present and I instantly fell in love with it!


First of all this nail varnish comes in a very stylish thick glass bottle with a silver lid which I think looks really nice and also it feels quite sturdy so it would be great to take away with you and you won't have to worry about it breaking.

This nail varnish has a lovely grey/beige tone to it which I think would suit most people, and the more coats you add the darker the colour goes. I love this shade and I think it is perfect for important dates and occasions, for example this is my go to shade for any interview or meeting as I think it looks quite professional.


This nail varnish applies really nicely with no streaks and with only one coat it is already opaque, but I like to apply two coats as I think it gives a nicer colour and helps to make it last longer. I find this nail varnish dries quite quick and would give it probably around 10 minutes for it to dry fully. Once dry it has a really nice shine to it and it lasts for about 4 days without chipping which is great!


I also like to apply the Pink Silver glitter nail varnish by Barry M to this nail varnish as I think the colours really compliment each other and it gives a really nice effect. This nail varnish also dries very quickly (within 5 minutes) and also lasts for at least 4 days! So I think it's a great pairing.


This nail varnish costs £11 so it is a bit on the pricier side, but the last time is great and I definitely think it's worth it. You can either buy it as a single from Look Fantastic or from QVC as a double set which includes a nail treatment.


The Barry M nail varnish is a bargain at only £2.99 and you can buy it here:


What do you think of this nail varnish shade?

1 comment:

  1. Love the combination of the Barry M and leighton Denny nail varnish on your nails! :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete