Rambles from my makeup box.

Monday 19 January 2015

Urban Decay - Naked on the Run.

Hey everyone, sorry for the slight delay of this blog post but I have finally got around to reviewing Urban Decay's Naked On The Run palette. I'm not going to lie but I had no intention on picking this up but after finding out the Flushed palette I was after had sold out and then seeing this beauty I just couldn't resist! And I am so glad I did pick it up as it has become a staple in my makeup routine.  







Fist of all the packaging on this palette is gorgeous! I love all the gold and pink tones and it looks great in my makeup display. The packaging isn't too heavy but isn't really flimsy either, It feels really sturdy and it comes with a huge mirror so it really is perfect for travelling!

Starting with the eyes this palette contains 6 new neutral eye shadows that can take you from day to night quite easily with a mixture of both matte and glitter shadows. All of the eye shadows have great pigmentation and I find that they last all day, especially if you use a primer underneath. You also get an extra large sample of the shade 5050 and I use this as a highlighter as well.

You also receive a travel sized 24/7 glide on pencil in Stag (another new shade!) that I have always wanted to try. This eyeliner has a deep brown colour with a satin finish and I'm impressed, I've always owned black eyeliners but I really like the way this looks, it lasts all day and glides on the eyelid really easily.

Finally for the eyes you receive a travel sized Perversion mascara. Now I thought I would hate this mascara but I'm pleasently surprised by it, it adds volume, length and curl and also makes my eye lashes look seperated and really fluttery. In fact it is now my second favourite mascara next to YSL's Babydoll mascara.

(Dive, fix, Resist, Dare, Stun, Stag 2 coats, Stag single)

For the face you receive a bronzer which is a medium bronze that has a matte finish. Again this is really pigmented so you only need a little and if you are on the paler side like me, I would definitely recommend being light handed with it otherwise you could turn out orange!

The blusher is a bright pink with a slight shimmer, but it is not massively glittery it just adds a nice glow. As the bronzer it is also really pigmented and I prefer to use a lighter hand with it as I have quite red cheeks already.

Finally in this palette you receive a full sized Naked Lip gloss in the shade Sesso (another new shade!) This gloss has a wonderful rose colour with a slight hint of shimmer in it which I love. Like I have said before I am not the biggest fan of glosses but I didn't find this one to be too sticky and I feel like I can wear comfortably.

(Bronzer, Blush, 5050 eyeshadow/highlighter, Sesso lipgloss)

This palette costs £37 but with my Debenhams points I got it for £32. Even though it seems quite pricey I think it is well worth the money as you basically get everything you need and it comes in such gorgeous packaging. 

All you need to do is team this with your favourite foundation and a few makeup brushes you'll be set for travelling so it will save you a lot of space in your bag and also you can change what lipgloss, eyeliner and mascara you  contain in the set with what you want when you are travelling! 

You can buy it here:

(Finished look using all the Naked On The Run Palette)

What do you think of this palette?

4 comments:

  1. So in love with the lipgloss in this set!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous isn't it, perfect for an everyday look! x

      Delete
  2. This looks like the perfect set for travelling, it really has got everything. I love the look you created with it, your cheekbones are to die for x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Though to be honest I have no cheekbones that's just the bronzer doing its magic! x

      Delete