Rambles from my makeup box.

Thursday 26 June 2014

June Birchbox review.

Birchbox delivery day for me, is one of the most exciting days of the month! It's like getting a little present each month full of loads of exciting beauty brands and products, and this months box was great!
I received:
  • Embryolisse skin moisturiser
  • A beauty blender
  • Naobay body radiance lotion
  • Yves Rocher sheer lipstick in Marron Glace
  • O.P.I Nail varnish 'Where Did Suzi's Man-Go'
  • A Brazil keyring




The Naobay body radiance lotion smells wonderful! It has a perfect summer smell of citrus fruits and I love to apply it in the morning as the scent lives my spirits and wakes me up. 
It is natural and organic, which is a bonus to me as I apply so many chemicals on my skin which can dry my skin out and damage it  so I much prefer a more natural product.
This product gives me really soft skin, and I would definitely consider buying it again.


The Embryolisse skin moisturiser has a lovely soft texture and applies nicely to the skin. 
After a few days of using this in the morning my face feels lovely and soft to touch, and it hasn't cause my skin to breakout! In fact my skin has been looking good since using this, so I would definitely consider purchasing the full size product when my current moisturizer runs out.  

 

When I first heard about the beauty blender I was a bit skeptical about it and thought it was going to be one of those products I use once or twice and then throw in a cupboard not to be seen again, but I was so wrong! 
It applies my foundation so evenly, and I am using less foundation then when I use my finger to apply. It gives my face good coverage without my makeup looking cakey or leaving streaks across my face.
Also the brush shampoo it comes with is lovely, I use it for all my makeup brushes now and it has definitely sped up the time it takes to clean them all.


I have a bit of a nail varnish addiction and was excited to try O.P.I nail varnish as amazingly out of all the bottles I own I don't have  any O.P.I nail varnishes.
Though unfortunately I was disappointed with this product.
 First of all I wasn't to keen on the colour, but that's due to personal taste. 
Secondly it chipped off really easily. Even though I applied a base coat, two coats of paint and a top coat, the next day the nail varnish had chipped off quite noticeably.





The last product from this box is the Yves Rocher sheer lipstick in Marron Glace. 
I loved this lipstick, I suffer from dry cracked lips and since using this they are so much better! It contains Omega 6 and 9 which help to moisturize and protect and as and added bonus it contains cherry oil so this lipstick smells amazing.
It has a nice colour, though I usually use it as a base for another lipstick colour on top.

Are you signed up to Birchbox? If so did you enjoy what you got this month?
If not you can join up here: http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=35232
And you can buy the products I mentioned here: https://birchbox.co.uk/shop?cat=48



No comments:

Post a Comment