Rambles from my makeup box.

Friday 7 October 2016

Avocado on toast.

It has been a while, but today I have decided to share another "recipe" on my blog. I say "recipe" because I more think that it's just an idea and would encourage you too customize it to your taste! Now this may be an unpopular opinion, but I do not like avocado on toast, or really avocado in general (it has a weird texture to me), but when I had this at Comptoir Libanais I had to recreate it for my when I'm at home! 

This meal is a perfect Sunday brunch meal, but my mum and aunt also like me to make it for their lunch as well. It is a really fresh and healthy meal, with plenty of good fats to help keep you full until the next meal. Plus it's also a really quick and easy recipe to make!


Ingredients:
(I don't have any exact quantities as I usually just throw in how much I fancy, but I do find one avocado serves around 3.)

  • Bread (I personally like sourdough or wholegrain)
  • Avocado
  • Olives
  • Spring onions
  • Tomatoes 
  • Feta cheese 
  • Lemon
  • Olive oil (around a table spoon)
  • Chili/chili flakes (if you like a bit of spice)
  • pomegranate molasses/balsamic dressing  
  • Hummus 

Method:

Cut the avocado into cubes and put in a bowl (save the stone if you are saving this meal for later).

Chop up the tomatoes, olives, spring onion and feta cheese and add it to the avocado.

Mix everything together and add the olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and chili. This is a good point to taste test to see if it's at your liking! (If you are saving for later at this point pop the avocado stone in and put it in the fridge)

Toast your bread. If I have a bit of extra time I'll cut off thicker slices and put them on the griddle pan with some garlic oil, for extra flavour.

Then add your avocado mixture on top of the toast, drizzle on your dressing and add hummus on the side




Meals don't come much easier than that! It is so filling and tastes gorgeous dipped into the hummus. Now as I said this is just a basic guideline so feel free to add or take away anything, and I hope you enjoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment