Rambles from my makeup box.

Wednesday 30 September 2015

September Birchbox review - Happy Birchday!

Hi everyone, can you believe I'm back! Sorry I've had a bit of a break from blogging but between work and illness I have not had the energy or motivation for anything, but I'm glad to be back doing what I love! So today I am going to review this months Birchbox (Sorry it's late!).

In this months special Birthday Birchbox to celebrate a great 5 years of beauty subscriptions, which was gorgeously designed, I received:
  • John Masters Organic - Citrus and Neroli detangler.
  • Beauty Protector - Beauty Wash.
  • Laura Mercier - Face Polish.
  • Benefit - The POREfessional: license to blot.
  • Laqa & Co Cheeky Lip Pencil - Cray Cray.
  • Birchbox BirchBrush.



John Masters Organic - Citrus and Neroli detangler:

The thing my hair needs the most is a detangler so I was excited to receive this in my box! It has a wonderful citrus smell and really does leave my hair feeling soft and tangle free! To use you can either leave it in after washing your hair, or wash it out after three minutes. I prefer to keep it in though as I feel it works a bit better.

A full sized bottle costs £16 and I would definitely consider purchasing it.

Beauty Protector - Beauty Wash:

If you have seen my previous Birchbox reviews then you will know I love Beauty Protector and often repurchase the hair mask and detangle spray, so I was super happy to receive the body wash! This has the same signature scent of vanilla and strawberry that I love, and left my skin feeling really soft.

A full sized bottle costs £8 and I would definitely purchase one!

Laura Mercier - Face Polish:

I always hear good things about Laura Mercier so was excited to receive a facial polish from them. I like to use it in the morning after cleansing, and it is a really gentle scrub that helps to get rid of dead skin, but isn't too harsh so would be great for sensitive skin. Also it didn't cause me to breakout at all!

A full sized product costs £26 and I wouldn't purchase one as I have used better facial scrubs which are a lot cheaper.

Benefit - The POREfessional: license to blot:

I have been desperate to try this since it came out so was really excited when I saw this in my box! The idea is that you can sweep this lightly before makeup over the oily sections of your face to help prevent oiliness developing, or after makeup if your skin starts to get oily.

I find that this does work and always keep it in my bag for emergencies, and also it doesn't smudge my makeup whilst using it! A full sized one costs £15.50 and I would definitely consider getting one!  


Laqa & Co Cheeky Lip Pencil - Cray Cray:

I also received this double use lip/cheek crayon in a lovely coral colour which would be perfect for spring summer! It has a really creamy texture and is easy to apply, but unfortunately this colour really does not suit me! 

A full sized crayon costs £16.75 and I wouldn't repurchase as I prefer other lipstick brands.

Birchbox BirchBrush:

Finally I received this hair brush which has been so useful! It looks pretty much like the famous tangle teaser and it does a great job of removing tangles. It's also the perfect size to fit in m handbag so I now take it where ever I go!

This will cost you £5.99 and I would definitely recommend it!


Overall I really loved this months Birchbox and I can't wait for the next one! A Birchbox subscription costs £12.95 a month and you can subscribe here:

You can also buy any of the products mention in this post here:


What do you think of this months box?



No comments:

Post a Comment